- Download the zipped theme pack (ex: theme-name.zip) to your local computer from CrestaProject.com and extract the ZIP file contents to a folder on your local computer.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server.
- Upload the Theme files in the extracted folder called ‘theme-name’ to wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress.
- Visit Administration > Appearance > Themes, under the Manage Themes tab, under the Available Themes, if necessary navigate to the page displaying that Theme, then click the Activate link to make Theme, the Current Theme.
Installing Theme From the WordPress Dashboard
- Download the zipped theme pack to your local computer from CrestaProject.com
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and click on the “Appearance” tab.
- Now click on the “Add New” tab.
- Click on the “Upload Theme” button, “Browse” for file called theme-name.zip In the extracted folder select “Open”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the theme from this page, OR “Return to Themes Page” and activate from there.
Upload logo and favicon it’s very simple with CrestaProject Themes. Just go to Appearance > Theme Options > General.
The first two options are “Logo Upload” and “Favicon Upload”. Just click the button and choose to add logo/favicon from your WordPress media library or upload it from your computer. Finally click on “Save Changes”.
To access the theme options just go to your the WordPress Dashboard and, via the WP menu, go to Appearance-> Theme Options.
Here is a screenshot:
You can get the shortcodes directly from TinyMCE (WYSIWYG editor) while writing an article using the appropriate buttons:
To do this just go to Appearance -> Theme options and find the field “CSS Code“. These fields are located under the heading “General” or under “Advanced”, depends on the theme you are using.
Once you have found the fields, you can paste tracking code or additional scripts like Google Analytics code, custom CSS or custom JS.
To do this just go to Appaerance -> Theme Options -> Social Network and fill in all the fields that you need, leave empty all the others.
- Update a CrestaProject theme is very simple, just activate the license key and automatically receive a notification when an update is available. To activate the license key just go to your WordPress Dashboard under “Appearance-> Theme License”, paste the license key in the box and click on “Activate” button.
- When an update is available just click on the button “Update” and the theme will be automatically updated.
- Alternatively, you can download the update directly from your CrestaProject Account in “Purchase History” and perform the update manually.
To set this fields, go to your WordPress user profile (WP Menu -> Users -> Your Profile), find the Contact Info section and post your links to social networks.
Subsequently, find the About Yourself section and share a little biographical information.
To do this you simply install the WordPress plugin Regenerate Thumbnails (The CrestaProject theme must already be active on your site) and starts the regeneration of the thumbnail.
If your site is new does not need to do this.
You can also translate a theme using the Poedit software.
The result is the same but I recommend using Loco translate plugin because it is much easier to use.